Explore the past through the History Reference Center.
Covering both U.S. and world history topics, History Reference Center is a full-text database featuring historical reference books, magazines, journals and thousands of primary source documents.
History Reference Center offers:
- More than 640,000 full-text records from peer-reviewed journals, reference books, periodicals and other sources
- More than 74,000 full-text primary source documents
- More than 81,000 full-text biographies of historical figures
- Nearly 2,000 full-text reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books
- Full-text content from more than 150 leading history journals
- More than 44,000 images, including maps and historical photos
- 80+ hours of historical video
You will need a valid WPLS library card to access the resource at home;
please contact your local branch library for assistance in applying for a card.
To begin your journey into the past, please click below.